Saturday, January 07, 2006

The shop is almost closed.

I'm not sure how much longer it can or will remain open. As a woman about to turn 35 and in a fairly new relationship with someone who's never had children, I'm contemplating possibly having another child someday. This is as huge a decision as i've ever had to make. Do i take a chance on having a child at this point in my life with all the risks of birth defects etc? Or do i make the decision to just end it and get the dreaded *operation*? I don't know. I really don't know.

I wonder if most men appreciate the fact that they never really *have* to make these kinds decisions. They are capable of siring children well into their 70s...and many do. especially with much younger women..

For the first time in my life, i wish i was younger. Or maybe i just wish i'd met him sooner.

No comments: